Wednesday, May 13, 2009

All Things LIFT

I realized my last post was April 27th - time has a way of getting away from you, especially when things are hopping like they are at LIFT. Today's posting is a conglomeration of all things LIFT.

Tomorrow we have the 3rd Annual Adult Spelling Bee. Corporate teams compete to see who will be named the Stellar Spellers. This year we have nine teams competing. It is a fun event.

May 20th is a very big day for LIFT - that is the launch of DonorBridge, a new online resource for non profit supporters in North Texas. In honor of the occasion, the Dallas Foundation and the Communities Foundation of Texas are matching dollar for dollar, donations made to LIFT on that day at the DonorBridge website, www.donorbridgetx.org. This matching program will be a long needed lifeline for the 400 area non profits who are part of DonorBridge. We all have the opportunity to double our gifts - that is a much better rate of return than the stock market, plus donors know they are truly helping someone make a permanent fix by learning to read. So, I encourage each and every one of you to log on to www.donorbridgetx.org on May 20th and make your gift or call me, give me your credit card information and I will log it for you. My number at the office is 214.824.2000, ext 230.

No comments: